At the May 4, 2022 Town Council meeting, the Yountville Town Council adopted Resolution 21-4054 approving the implementation of modified Phase 2 Water Emergency Regulations in response to the on going drought with additional provisions for Hotels and Restaurants. This means we all must reduce our usage by at least 20%.
The top of these restrictions impacting businesses include:
- Outdoor irrigation with potable water delivered by the Town of Yountville Distribution system only allowed 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. to reduce evaporation loss with an odd/even watering schedule (off addresses water Tuesday and Friday; even addresses water Monday and Thursday)
- No outdoor irrigation Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday with potable water delivered from the Town’s water distribution system
- Irrigation is not permitted during or 48 hours after measurable rainfall
- Hotels and Inns must clearly and prominently display notice of the option to reuse towels and linens changes only upon guest request
- No using water to wash any driveway or sidewalk
- No using water in a fountain or other decorative water feature, unless the water is recirculated
- Tap water can only be provided to customers upon request
- Employees must scrape all dishes prior to rinsing
In an effort to help our business community, the Yountville Chamber has put together a Drought Resource Page. Visit the page by clicking here.
We have also created signage to display in your business to help visitors understand the drought restrictions. You can download the signs to print here.
Together we can make a difference in saving water to ensure no further restrictions are put in place!