The Yountville Chamber of Commerce is excited to once again partner with Christopher Pappe, Founder of CRP Wine Trade Solutions, on a new Webinar called Hiring Your “A” Team. CRP Wine Trade Solutions is a full service Wine Business agency assisting small to medium sized wineries and importers, develop strategies and recruit talent to enhance sales and marketing channels such as Direct to Trade, Direct to Consumer, Brand Messaging, 3 Tier Sales optimization, Social Media, eCommerce, Winemaking and Telesales.
Below Christopher Pappe outlines what you will learn during this webinar and how it will help you find your perfect team. We will walk you through the process for hiring top talent. Integrate sourcing, screening, interviewing, and recruiting into a seamless approach based on how top people look for, compare, and accept one position over another.
Hiring Your “A” Team – February 25, 2021
A Staffing Solution Webinar hosted by Christopher Pappe of CRP Wine Trade Solutions and the Yountville Chamber of Commerce.
Navigating a Covid Workforce
- Napa Valley’s workforce is in a transition due to our Covid reality. Over the past 10 months, Covid has shone a light on our inadequacies managing our businesses. Unemployment in Northern California was at or between 2.7 and 3.4 in the months leading into the Pandemic.
- A post 2017 fire analysis of Bay Area business metrics, discussed in a seminar given by Morgan Stanley, gave Napa high marks on chief economic indicators with the exception of worker retention and the challenges they face navigating the disparity of income versus cost-of-living expense; Calling the labor force the single most threat to the wine industry today.
The Talent Bar
- Ask yourself, are you seeking Lowest or Highest common denominator in a new hire. Comparing and contrasting the current competitive set of hires and where they are struggling or thriving.
- Have you considered looking at folks from outside the industry? Have you considered 1099 workers?
- Your Company Profile: Are you putting your best foot forward in communicating your business mission including why you exist, why your customers care and how you measure success?
- It is vital that you analyze your team, why they are successful, what inspires them to grow and what are your stretch goals needed to incorporate into their Performance Success Profile.
- Not only do you need “A” players on the bus, but they must occupy the right seats on that bus for optimum team performance
- We believe that success on the job is a blend of job fit, or what you have done in the past, and culture fit , or how closely your new Rock Star hire matches their career path with the growth path of your company.
In these challenging times, our teams need to function on all cylinders. If we know “Must Haves” of experience, personality and energy required to become a great hire, we will be more inclined to find a motivated hire that is willing to step up the challenges of the next few years.
Hiring Your “A” Team
Thursday, February 25, 2021
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.