Sixth Annual Business & Community Awards Winners
The Yountville Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce its 2023 Business & Community Awards, to be celebrated at the Sixth Annual Membership Jubilee & Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, from 5:00 to 7:00 PM at the Yountville Community Center. The community is welcome to attend and recognize chamber businesses and community members that represent the best of Napa Valley hospitality and leadership.
This annual celebration shines a spotlight on chamber members that reflect true business excellence and honors individuals that go above and beyond to ensure Yountville is a great place to live, work and play. Award winners were nominated by Yountville Chamber of Commerce Members and chosen by the Yountville Chamber Board of Directors. The 2023 winners are:
Business of the Year: Lakeside Grill
- A beloved gathering place for residents of Yountville & The Napa Valley, Lakeside Grill offers a wide variety of menu options in a picturesque setting.
- The team at Lakeside Grill provides excellent customer service and delicious food to locals and visitors alike.
Business Leader of the Year: Max Compagnon, Managing Director, Napa Valley Lodge
- Max has been leading the Napa Valley Lodge team for over 6 years.
- Max has been a volunteer on the Yountville Chamber Board of Directors since 2017.
Community Spirit Award: Samantha Holland, Parks and Recreation Director, Town of Yountville
- Samantha has worked for the Town of Yountville for nearly 13 years.
- Samantha is actively involved in the Yountville Kiwanis club, having formerly served as President of the organization.
Yountville Resident of the Year: Scott Owens
- Scott currently serves as Yountville’s representative on the Napa Valley Transportation Authority Citizen Advisory Committee and as a Member of the Town’s Community Foundation Board.
- He also served Yountville as its Commissioner on the Napa County Library Commission for seven years.
Volunteer of the Year: Fred Morris
- Fred has been volunteering at the Yountville Welcome Center since 2021.
- Fred is the type of person to always step up and say “YES”! In addition, his vast & impressive knowledge of Yountville & the Napa Valley, along with his incredible people skills, makes him a favorite of visitors to the Welcome Center. Fred truly listens to guests and always delivers unique and customized recommendations to each visitor.
Yountville Legacy Award: Steve Rogers, Town Manager, Town of Yountville
- Steve managed a variety of major projects during his Yountville career, including the seismic retrofit of the Yountville Town Hall; many infrastructure maintenance projects; renovations to Yountville Community Park and Veterans Memorial Park; the expansion of the town’s pedestrian pathways; upgrades to the wastewater treatment plant; and an expansion of the recycled water system.
- He also helped lead Yountville toward several climate protection actions, including bans on gasoline-powered leaf blowers and pesticides, electric vehicle charging systems, methane recapture and solar energy systems, and a tree protection and replanting policy. He played a major role in establishing Napa’s Tourism Improvement District, led general plan and zoning code updates, and supported creating Yountville’s Parks and Recreation Commission and Arts Commission.
“Each year we look forward to be able to recognize our Business & Community Award Winners for their dedication to Yountville and the Napa Valley community,” stated Yountville Chamber of Commerce President & CEO Whitney Diver McEvoy. “We are fortunate to have so many deserving and dedicated community members who are the reason Yountville is such a world-renowned destination and a very special place to call home.”
The Membership Jubilee & Awards Ceremony is $15 for chamber members, $30/PP non-members, and includes small bites and wine served by chamber members.
For more information, and to register for the awards celebration, please visit https://www.yountvillechamber.com/membership-jubilee/ or call the Yountville Chamber of Commerce at 707-944-0904.